Status : Job Expired
Job Posted By: Andros Foods North America
Job Summary: The MIS Manager supervises the systems and programming procedures, operations, data centers, servers, operating systems, security cameras, telecommunications platforms, and other computerized operations. The incumbent in this position continually strives to improve the information technology infrastructure through process improvements and system updates. The MIS Manager must be able to provide end users with a friendly, fast, and accurate resolution of computer related issues. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and implements corporate-wide IT standards, policies, and procedures.
- Establish new phone extensions, email accounts, and network access files for new employees.
- Researches, locates, and implements improvements to existing IT systems & telecommunications networks.
- Implement new switches, firewalls, and web filters to protect company information. Respond quickly to any attempted breaches of security.
- Develops long-range and short range plans and schedules for the acquisition and installation of systems & network changes/upgrades.
- Supports the delivery & implementation of infrastructure projects and provides consultation for impact to business and application portfolios.
- Manage the duties and performance of the Network Technician.
- Assists employees in the resolution of localized IT problems by using a ticketing system for both the Virginia and New York locations.
- Partner with external service providers to develop, implement, and maintain the infrastructure solutions necessary to support the current and future business requirements. Research other vendor opportunities for increased efficiency or cost savings.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities for IT infrastructure.
- Review IT business cases for proposed infrastructure initiatives to ensure services and costs required for deployment, operations and support are included. Communicates this information to the VP of Finance and the CEO for final approval of major changes.
- Maintain an understanding of current technologies, trends, business strategies and infrastructure capabilities.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience as a network or systems administrator.
- Knowledge of scripting, server and desktop operating systems, client-server relationships, network protocols, and telecommunication systems.
- Skill in network protocols, switching, routing, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, voice over IP, Cisco ISO operating system, and wireless technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Great analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability for successful goal setting, employee communication, and leadership behavior.
- Ability to prioritize on multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment where priorities change quickly.
- B.S. in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline.
- At least 1 year of managing others.
Job Category: Professional
Job Sub Category 2: IT Professional
Job Sub Category 3: Database and network professional
Job Sub Category 4: Computer network professional
Country: United States
Schedule Type: Full Time
Salary: 0.00 USD/Hour