Jobs for Air Traffic Controllers
Air Traffic Controllers are required who will be responsible for controlling and directing the aircraft movements in airspace and on the ground, using radio, radar and lighting systems, and providing information relevant to the operation of aircraft. Their main duties and responsibilities include,
- Initiating and organizing emergency, search and rescue services and procedures
- Keeping radio and/or radar contact with aircraft
- Informing flight crew and operations staff about weather conditions, operational facilities, flight plans and air traffic
- Making sure that minimum distances are maintained between planes
- Maintaining radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units and other control centers, and coordinating the movement of aircraft into adjoining areas
The necessary skills required are: organizational skills, decision making skills and excellent coordination skills. The candidates should have at least 4-6 years of experience in this particular field.